Accounts Administrator – Independent Prep School
Contract: Part-time (0.6), Permanent
Location: Hounslow, London
Salary: £25,000 for 3 days (FTE £41,600)
Start: As soon as possible
Are you passionate about maintaining financial excellence in an educational setting? Our client, an independent Prep school in Hounslow, is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented part-time (3 days a week) Accounts Administrator to join their team.
As a Accounts Administrator, your role is pivotal in ensuring the financial vitality of this school. Managing the intricacies of accounting, invoicing, cash flow, and payments will be central to your day-to-day operations, contributing to the overall efficiency of their financial processes.
- Keep accounts updated with current data and apply essential software updates promptly.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, invoicing, cash flow, and payments for efficient financial operations.
- Collaborate with the School Secretary, HR, Marketing Administrator, and SLT to enhance parent and pupil databases, ensuring accurate attendance records, house points, and comprehensive pupil and parent information.
- Handle bank transactions, including payments, receipt verification, and account reconciliation.
- Streamline banking processes for optimal efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with pension requirements, manage interactions with relevant agencies, process payments, and address staff queries.
- Prepare annual paperwork for accountants and promptly respond to their queries.
- Utilise popular software packages, including Microsoft Office, with confidence for report generation and effective communication.
- Coordinate various contractors for services such as catering, IT, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Fulfil general administrative duties and engage in parent liaison as requested by the School Proprietor and Head Teacher.
- Attend school and PTA functions to foster community spirit.
- Provide occasional cover for the school office to ensure smooth operations.
- Act as a secretary for various committees, contributing to effective communication and collaboration.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
Some reasons to join the school:
- Inclusive Learning: The school believe in unlocking the potential within every child, fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated, and individual abilities are embraced.
- Professional and Friendly Team: Join a team of dedicated and friendly professionals who are not only passionate about education but are also committed to continuous learning and development.
- Exceptional CPD Opportunities: Grow and evolve in your career with excellent Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
- Free lunch at school’s canteen
If you have a financial background and would love to be crucial part of this vibrant school community, then we welcome an application from you. Please contact Ella at Connaught Education for further details.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.