Administrator (Education) – Independent School
Start Date: September 2019
Contract: Permanent – Full Time, all year round
We are currently looking for a well organised and enthusiastic Administrator to join an Independent school in Cambridge.
Our client is a well-regarded independent school with an excellent reputation locally and nationally. The school is part of a wider group of independent schools and is seeking an excellent Administrator to join the support staff team. A key focus of work will be working on a successful Easter Revision programme and liaising with tutors.
To be considered for the position of Administrator, you must have previous administration experience, with excellent Microsoft Office skills, ideally within the education sector. Also you need to be highly organised and able to work in a busy environment and confident in communicating with colleagues, SLT, pupils and prospective parents.
Summary of the role of Administrator:
Reporting to the College Registrar the Administrator will provide professional, front and back office support.
The successful Administrators duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to initial telephone or email enquiry from a parent or student interested in Support Tuition and Easter Revision lessons
- Liaising with tutors regarding availability
- Preparing provisional timetables for students and tutors, processing registrations and maintaining files
- Booking and allocating rooms
- Making and monitoring tutor registers and transferring register details to pay spreadsheet on a monthly basis
- Sending reports to students/parents
- Billing and account management for Easter Revision and Support Tuition bookings
- Contributing to sales and marketing initiatives
- Assisting with student and staff recruitment
- Where necessary, front of house assistance with the day-to-day running of the college, contributing to maintenance of the college’s attendance and punctuality policies and procedures and managing teacher resources and stationery
- Assisting members of the Senior Management Team and the College Registrar with administrative duties
- Previous experience of working within education
- Experience of dealing with young people aged 14- 20 years of age
Interviews will be held week commencing 29th July 2019
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this job, please send through your CV to Usma at Usma.Collins@connaughteducation.com
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.