Bursar – Independent Prep School
Start Date: After Easter Holidays with 2 weeks handover before Easter
Contract: Part – time (2 days a week), permanent
An independent prep school located in North London, known for its creativity and relaxed and supportive family environment, is currently seeking an experienced Bursar to join its team. The school takes pride in its village-like atmosphere within the city and offers a creative and topic-based approach to learning, encouraging children to thrive as enthusiastic learners. This is a part-time position (2 days a week) and is a fantastic opportunity to be an integral member of the school’s leadership team.
As the Bursar, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school’s financial services and ensuring the smooth financial and operational management of the school in compliance with regulations. You will work closely with the Head to deliver the financial and commercial aspects of the school’s business agenda.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in financial management, particularly within the context of schools or education. It is also preferable that the candidate is available to start a couple of weeks before Easter to ensure a smooth handover with the current Bursar. The position officially commences after Easter.
Some aspects of the role include:
- advising on financial policy
- preparing budgets
- monitoring income and expenditure
- managing accounts and cash flow
- collecting fees and extras
- overseeing payment of salaries and wages
- managing benefits and pension schemes
- paying invoices
- preparing financial forecasts
- conducting financial appraisals
- dealing with taxation matters and coordinating tax returns
- overseeing scholarship and bursary funds, including assessing parents’ income and assets.
Other elements of the role include:
- Other elements of Finance and Accountancy
- General Management and Administration
- Maintaining the School Building
- Managing the caretaker and being part of the Leadership Team
- Competitive Salary
- Continuous Professional Development
- Wellbeing support available through Employee Assistance Programme
- Two pension schemes available for employees
If you are a qualified and experienced financial professional with a passion for working within education and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students, we welcome an application from you. This is a unique opportunity to work in a vibrant and fulfilling setting. If you have any further questions, then please contact Ella Hayes at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education – Independent School Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.