Chemistry Teacher – Independent School
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham
Start Date: September 2023
Timetable: Full Time, Permanent
Our client, a prestigious independent school in Hammersmith and Fulham, are looking for a committed, passionate, and enthusiastic Chemistry Teacher, with the ability to teach Chemistry to GCSE and the A level, to join the Science department from Year 9 to Year 13.
The school is independent and co-educational, providing a rich and diverse curriculum to boys and girls from Reception to Sixth Form. The Chemistry Teacher role would be full time, permanent and the salary would be dependent on experience and suitability.
- Planning and preparing lessons and schemes of work in accordance with departmental and school policy and as directed by the Head of Department.
- Teaching pupils and sets as assigned in the timetable, arriving punctually and maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, and registering pupils in accordance with School policies.
- Setting and marking work as required; recording and assessing progress; producing subject reports and references; setting and marking internal examinations.
- Promoting the progress of all pupils, differentiating for ability as required.
- Preparing all pupils appropriately for their age and stage of development, including preparation for external assessment at the relevant age ranges.
- Providing extra support after lessons if deemed appropriate by the Head of Department/Deputy Head.
- Attending parent evenings, communicating with parents, and participating in staff meetings as required to discuss progress, for example with the Head of Department/Head of Year/SENCO
If you possess the relevant skills for the Chemistry Teacher role, then we welcome an application from you. Please send through your CV or call Joseph at Connaught for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.