Computer Science Teacher – Independent School
Location: West Yorkshire
Start Date: September 2023
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Up to £40,000 – dependant on experience
Our client, a co-educational boarding and day school in West Yorkshire is looking for a Computer Science Teacher to oversee and deliver Computer Science in KS3 – KS5, as Head of Department.
The Head of Department is the curriculum specialist who shares with the Head of Faculty the school’s responsibility for delivering to the pupils the curriculum within a designated subject area, ensuring that each pupil receives positive encouragement to develop their potential to the full according to the stated aims of the school. The school provides an excellent range of facilities and extra-curricular opportunities.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and monitor and support student progress.
- Be accountable for student progress and development within the subject area. Develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- Ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the department, in accordance with the school’s aims and curricular policies.
- Be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum area.
A suitable candidate profile will include:
- A qualification in a related subject
- Recognised teaching qualification, such as PGCE or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of the AQA curriculum for A level and OCR for GCSE
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
- An intellectual interest in Computer Science and a passion for the subject and all it offers.
- Ability to communicate easily, both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences including pupils, parents and colleagues.
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this opportunity please send through your CV, or call Joseph at Connaught for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.