Data Manager – Independent School, Cambridgeshire
Job Start: January 2021
Contract: Fixed-Term to April 2021 and Permanent thereafter
Salary: Up to £41,000 annually dependent on skills and experience
Our client, an Outstanding Independent School in Cambridgeshire is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Data Manager to join their dedicated and enthusiastic staff team.
The school is a prestigious independent school in Cambridgeshire that provides a first-class education for boys and girls between the ages of 11 and 18. The school has a large boarding community and an award-winning pastoral programme. In addition to a competitive academic programme and pastoral excellence, students at this school can expect to be provided with a wide array of extracurricular opportunities, all of which are also open to staff if their interested to contribute. This is a rare opportunity to join an award-winning independent school offering a generous work-life balance, career development opportunities and an understanding work culture.
The school is looking for a dynamic and well qualified Data Manager to support the school in the new year.
The role. Responsibilities include:
* Implementation, maintenance, upgrading and ongoing management of all databases and information systems used at the School.
* Technical evaluation, recommendation, implementation, and support of new third-party information systems; acting as vendor contact where required.
* Management of interfaces between Leys information systems. Liaison with third party providers of middleware systems.
* Provision of business intelligence services, custom reports, and data dashboards for users.
* Management of the Leys’ academic Management Information System (iSAMS).
* Providing expert technical advice on compliance and data governance matters.
The Candidate. Experience required:
* Good knowledge of SQL database administration and development.
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
* Experience of database integration, APIs, data interfaces and data analytics.
* Experience of supporting Management Information Systems.
In response to the COVID19 pandemic, all staff at the school will be offered PPE and a designated safe workspace as well as remote working options.
There will be a full-time salary for this permanent role but you will only be expected to work whilst the school is in session and will receive pay in the school holidays as normal. Salary will be paid monthly.
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for this opportunity please send through your CV, or call Phil at Connaught for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.