EAL Teacher – Independent School
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham
Start Date: ASAP
Timetable: Zero-hours contract
Our client, a prestigious independent school in Hammersmith and Fulham, is looking for a talented EAL Teacher to join the senior school as soon as possible.
The school is independent and co-educational, providing a rich and diverse curriculum to boys and girls from Reception to Sixth Form.
This role will involve supporting pupils one-to-one or in small groups across the school, providing particular support to targeted EAL pupils to raise achievement and enable them to overcome barriers to learning.
Reporting to the SENDCo, this role will include the following:
- Working in either one-to-one or small group settings with targeted students to help them progress in their EAL needs.
- Working with EAL pupils from Reception to Year 13, there will be the opportunity to work with specific age groups.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to raise standards by sharing effective practices.
- Liaising effectively with parents or carers on students’ progress and achievements.
- Liaising with teaching staff to assess and provide particular support to targeted EAL pupils to raise achievement and enable them to overcome barriers to learning.
- Identifying the needs of students requiring extra support and supporting the development of individual targets and intervention plans.
- Leading small focus intervention groups about study skills, organisation, emotional well-being, and motivation for EAL learners.
- Providing extra support to students through knowledge of various activities and opportunities.
Previous experience in supporting EAL students is essential. You must have good literacy and numeracy skills. You must be committed and reliable, with excellent communication skills and a calm, patient, and empathetic nature.
If you have the required skills to be considered for the EAL Teacher post, we would welcome an application from you. For further details, contact Joseph at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.