Early Years Art Assistant Teacher

  • Full Time
  • Permanent Position
  • Immediate Start After October Half Term
  • London

Our client, an esteemed and high-performing pre-prep and prep school in London, is looking for an Art Assistant Teacher to join their thriving Early Years team. The client is seeking an adaptable and passionate candidate to both plan and deliver lessons whilst working under the Head of Early Years as part of their co-operative team.

Our client has an excellent reputation across London and views every child as special and unique. The school has outstanding academics, with the majority of its pupils working above the age related level. The school is a co-educational nursery and pre-prep school for children aged 2 to 7 and also has a prep school for children over the age of 7. The nursery and pre-prep school prepares children for 4+ as well as 7+ assessments and has about 215 pupils on roll. The school possesses excellent facilities across two historic buildings which are joined by a beautiful roof garden.

Presently the school are looking to appoint an Art Assistant Teacher on a full time, permanent basis. The role would involve teaching art for 75% of the time and then other areas of the curriculum for the other 25% of the time. Other aspects of the job would involve wider activities, such as reading stories, helping with displays and recording the children’s work.

The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and work well in a collaborative team. Either NVQ Level 3 or QTS are desirable, but not essential. The school also welcomes applications from art graduates who are interested in a career in teaching.

Qualities that the school look for in a candidate are:

  • To be approachable with excellent interpersonal skills
  • Ability to establish and develop positive relationships with the whole school community
  • To be able to respect confidentiality at all times
  • Good time management
  • Ability to remain calm, positive and enthusiastic when working under pressure
  • Passionate about children’s learning and development.

This is an opportunity to join a very prominent pre-prep school and comes with numerous benefits. These include:

  • 8 weeks holiday + your birthday off work
  • A generous pension scheme
  • A wealth of continued professional development.
  • Training opportunities
  • Free-school lunches

To apply, please use the advert enclosed or contact Ella Hayes at Connaught Education.

Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists

Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.

Job Information

Job Reference: EYAATEH29092022_1664461145
Salary:
Salary From: £22000
Salary To: £26000
Job Industries: Education and Training
Job Locations: Camden, London
Job Types: Permanent

Apply for this Job

Please enter your full name.

Enter a valid email address.

Add your cover letter for supporting information here.

Upload your CV to accompany your application for this job.

Fields marked with * are required.

  • Share