English Teacher (KS3/KS4) – Independent School
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Our client, an independent school in Bexley, is looking for a well-qualified, imaginative and driven English Teacher to join their school as soon as possible.
The English teacher will take responsibility for providing leadership and management for English to secure:
- High-quality teaching (KS3 mainly until July)
- Effective use of resources
- Improved standards of learning and achievement for all
- Ensure all lessons are accessible and encompass SEND requirements
Our client provides high-quality education and care for the huge range of needs that exists across the behaviour spectrum, and deliver core subjects and additional curriculum such as BTEC qualifications, humanities, art, and ICT. The class sizes are a maximum of 8 students and the lessons are 45 minutes at the most.
The school place a significant emphasis on the pastoral care of their students. The incoming English Teacher will play a crucial role in contributing to the overall well-being and development of their students, fostering a positive and supportive learning environment. We welcome candidates who are not only passionate about their subject but also dedicated to making a positive impact on the holistic growth of students.
The English Teacher is required to start as soon as possible to support the children in the school. This post will require a full time commitment and the salary would be based on experience and qualifications.
A suitable candidate profile may include:
- Degree OR Qualified Teacher Status
- Successful experience of teaching English
- Teaching experience with SEND
- Expert knowledge of the National Curriculum, particularly English curriculum
- Understanding of high-quality teaching and learning strategies in the subject, and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve
If you have the required skills to be considered for the post, we welcome an application from you. For further details, contact Joseph at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.