Job Title: French and German Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Contract: Fixed-term, maternity cover contract
Start Date: April 2023
We are currently seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to fulfil the role of a French and German Teacher at a prestigious independent girls’ school located in Hertfordshire. The position is a temporary maternity cover teacher position within the Modern Foreign Languages Department, and the successful candidate will be expected to maintain the high standards of teaching and learning within the school.
The school has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence and is well-regarded within the community. The school’s main focus is to educate its girls in a holistic manner, within an exceptional learning atmosphere equipped with excellent resources, and lessons are taught by a dedicated and highly qualified faculty. They strive to work in partnership with parents to offer each student with the necessary intellectual, cultural, physical, moral, and personal, resources to instill confidence in them to excel in an ever-changing world.
This is an opportunity to join the MFL department which is a thriving part of the school with 7 teaching staff and 5 oral assistants. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching students of all age ranges from 11 to 18.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of professionalism and knowledge in their subject area, and be able to communicate a passion for the French and German languages to students. They will have a track record of inspiring confidence and trust in students and colleagues, whilst creating a positive, inclusive and stimulating learning environment.
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality French and German language lessons to students of all age ranges from 11 to 18.
- Monitor and assess student progress, providing feedback to students and colleagues where appropriate.
- Engage with parents and guardians to communicate student progress.
- Attend departmental and staff meetings, contributing to the development of the MFL curriculum and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Support the school’s extra-curricular activities, including school trips and language exchange programmes.
- Relevant teaching qualification and experience teaching French and German to students of all age ranges.
- A high level of professionalism and knowledge in their subject area, with the ability to inspire and communicate a passion for French and German to students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and trust in students and colleagues.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage a busy workload effectively.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- C.17 weeks holiday per year
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Additional life insurance cover
- Free lunch and refreshments during term time
- Free onsite parking or access to travel on the extensive school coach network free of charge
- Provision of a laptop/iPad
- Extensive professional development training opportunities
- Financial assistance for obtaining further qualifications
- Free access to sports facilities and well-being programmes for staff
- 50% discount on fees (pro rata for part-time staff) for children attending the school
This is a fixed-term, maternity cover contract with the length of the job dependent on the return date of the current postholder, but is expected to last a year.
If you are interested in this position, please apply within or call Ella Hayes at Connaught for further details.
Connaught Education – Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.