Graduate Chemistry Teacher – Independent School
Start Date: September 2024
Contract: 1 year, Full Time
Salary: Based on the schools’ generous pay scale
We are currently seeking a graduate Chemistry teacher to join a high-performing independent through school in Essex from September 2024. The school are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to teach Chemistry in their prestigious school.
Pupils study Chemistry as a discrete subject at Key Stage 3, at iGCSE, A Level and as part of the IB Diploma Programme. The role involves teaching Chemistry throughout Years 7-11, with the potential to teach Sixth Form for suitable candidates.
The school is an excellent place to work and extremely well-located. Their 75-acre site with picturesque grounds and state-of-the-art facilities makes a wonderful and inspiring learning and working environment.
The incoming graduate should strive to foster a positive, orderly, and productive classroom environment. Additionally, the Chemistry Teacher should encourage students to become self-sufficient learners.
- Be a dynamic communicator, with a demonstrable enthusiasm for the subject
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, and the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Possess a good sense of humour, and an ethical approach to working with others.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme (includes membership in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme)
- Optional subsidised private healthcare
- Free School lunches during term time
- Free School Sports Centre membership
- Free on-site parking
- Small class sizes and outstanding resources
- A broad academic and co-curricular programme
If you have the required skills to be considered for the post, we welcome an application from you. For further details, contact Joseph at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.