Graduate Assistant – Independent Prep School
Start: September 2023
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham
Hours: Full Time, Term Time only
Contract Length: Fixed-term, 1 year
Required Qualifications and Accreditations: Hold A-Level qualifications or an equivalent level of education and possess the appropriate right to work.
Are you a recent school leaver eager to embark on your first position within an educational institution? Perhaps you have recently graduated from university and are eager to kick-start your career in the field of education? Our esteemed client, an independent school located in Hammersmith and Fulham, is actively seeking a passionate individual to fill the exciting position of GAP Assistant, offering a gateway into the prestigious world of independent school environments.
As a GAP Assistant, you will have the opportunity to engage in a wide range of responsibilities throughout the school, providing you with invaluable experience within a welcoming educational setting.
The role will involve various roles across the school and will allow the candidate to gain valuable experience across a whole school setting.
Some elements of the role will involve:
General Supportive Tasks
- Assisting senior staff and Admin members with administrative duties.
- Assisting as needed with registration and dismissal procedures.
- Aiding in the creation and upkeep of display boards in hallways and classrooms.
- Assisting in the preparation of assemblies, Class Assemblies, productions, and Carol Concerts.
- Supporting small groups or offering general class support for literacy and numeracy skills.
- Occasionally providing one-on-one assistance in a class when requested.
- Assisting in the marking or scoring of students’ work when needed.
- Supporting the Head of Games in setting up sports/PE equipment.
- Actively participating in supporting teaching staff during sports/PE sessions.
- Accompanying students on school transport to swimming lessons at local pools as scheduled.
- Supervising various playtimes and ensuring the well-being of all students.
- Encouraging solitary children to engage with others and notifying their Class Teacher.
- Directing any injured child to the Primary First Aider.
- Reporting any unacceptable behavior to the Class Teacher and the Assistant Head.
- Always upholding the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
- Maintaining high professional standards regarding attendance, punctuality, appearance, and conduct.
- Cultivating positive and courteous relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Attending INSET days and staff briefings as necessary
About the school:
At the school, every student can experience an exceptional education complemented by a welcoming and supportive atmosphere that promotes both enjoyment and consideration. They are dedicated to supporting and motivating students to reach their full potential, fostering a strong foundation for their future, whether they continue their education with the school or transition to another institution. Their commitment to providing top-quality education without undue pressure ensures a positive learning environment.
If you can demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, and a positive and adaptable approach, then we welcome an application from you. This is a unique opportunity to serve as a positive role model for young individuals and to kickstart your career at a highly regarded independent school. Please apply within or call Ella at Connaught Education for further details.
Connaught Education – The Independent School Recruiter
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.