Head of Careers Opportunity – Independent Girls’ School
Position: Head of Careers
Contract: Part or Full-time (Term time only)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Are you looking for your next step in the field of career guidance? Our client, a reputable independent school for girls in Buckinghamshire, is seeking a Head of Careers to lead their Careers guidance from Year 7 up to Year 13.
The successful candidate would work alongside the Heads of Year in further developing the school’s excellent Careers provision. This is a part-time role but could possibly be full-time with teaching a subject or the development of alumnae links and events.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Overseeing and delivering Careers guidance and education to Years 7-13
- Managing the Careers budget
- Continuing to develop the Careers provision within the school
- Enabling student self-development through career education.
- Educate on careers, work, university, and alternative pathways.
- Develop skills for career wellbeing and employability.
- Apply Career Development Framework principles.
- Manage year group schemes and safeguard student welfare.
Some additional responsibilities many include:
- Raise the profile of Careers Education in the school.
- Organise speaker talks, events, and Career Evenings.
- Manage National Careers/National Apprenticeship Week.
- Conduct Morrisby Profiles, career interviews, and events.
- Liaise with Heads of Year for effective careers delivery.
- Administer and update year group careers programs.
- Manage Sixth Form Enrichment and ‘Next Steps Day.’
- Ensure up-to-date careers literature across the school.
- Update the Careers Department handbook.
- Disseminate literature and advertise events.
- Attend and manage careers events.
- Manage the learning platform and parent database.
- Produce bi-annual careers reports.
- Follow up leads and promote events on Twitter.
This position welcomes applications from seasoned Careers advisors, and it is equally suitable for a individual seeking career advancement with relevant prior experience and the confidence to take a lead with careers provision. The eventual post holder should hold a Level 6 CEIAG qualification (or similar).
The school takes pride in its strong sense of community and supportive workplace environment and visitors consistently remark on the positive atmosphere within the school.
Some of the benefits provided are:
- Competitive salary
- Annual professional reviews and a commitment to continuous professional development (CPD)
- Convenient on-site car parking and the potential availability of on-site single accommodation
- Complimentary lunch during term time, featuring a diverse range of hot and cold options
- Well-equipped staffroom with tea, coffee, and fruit
- Access to on-site fitness facilities, including a fitness suite and swimming pool
- Various staff clubs, fostering a sense of community through activities like yoga, running, football, and choir
If this role initial seems of interest and you would like to hear more about the position, then we welcome an application from you. If you would like to ask follow up questions then please contact Ella at Connaught Education for further details.
Connaught Education – the Independent School Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.