Head of Computer Science & Learning Technologist – Independent Day and Boarding School
Location: Central London
Start Date: January 2023
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
Our client is the largest provider of private education in London and the second largest provider in the United Kingdom, they provide high calibre, private education in day and boarding schools. They are looking to appoint a Head of Computer Science from January 2023 on a full time and permanent basis.
The incoming Head of Computer Science will be responsible for the leadership and management of the department of Computer Science. This will include raising standards of student attainment within the department and working with all academic staff across the school to ensure effective and innovative use of learning technology in the classroom. The Learning Technologist side of the role will involve engaging with the school’s performance development process and participate in CPD opportunities.
A suitable candidate profile will include:
- A good honours degree in an appropriate subject.
- Experience teaching young people aged 14+.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Teaching qualification and/or other post graduate qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Many of the students who choose Computer Science do not have English as a first language. Previous experience of teaching international students is desirable but not essential.
The incoming Head of Computer Science will have excellent communication skills, being able to develop lasting positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike. The school places great emphasis on the professional development of its entire staff, the staff enjoy a significant range of professional opportunities and benefits.
Some benefits include:
- Working in one of the most vibrant and exciting locations in the UK
- A generous pension scheme
- Free membership to the school’s onsite gym and swimming pool
- Generous holidays
- Access to complimentary Health Assured Assistance
- Free three-course lunches
- Fees remission for the children of the teachers attending their school
- An interest-free loan for a travel season ticket
If you have the required skills to be considered for the post, we welcome an application from you. For further details, contact Joseph at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.