Girls Games (Head)
Start Date: April 2020 – November 2020
Contract: Fixed term, full-time
Our client, a leading Independent Girl’s Prep School, is looking to appoint a Head of Girl’s Games from April 2020 until November 2020 to cover a period of Maternity leave. The school is based in the South of London, with excellent sporting facilities including multiple sports pitches. In addition to this, the school is part of a wider network of some of the most well-regarded independent schools in the UK and internationally.
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Head of Girls Games or Girls PE Teacher. Ideally, the Head of Girls Games or Girls PE Teacher will have QTS status, and will be educated to degree level in a related discipline. The Head of Girls Games or Girls PE Teacher should also have experience teaching a range of different subjects including Hockey, Cricket, Netball, Gymnastics and Cross-Country, so to make the most of the School’s excellent sporting facilities. The successful Head of Girls Games or Girls PE Teacher should also have experience planning whole school sporting events such as sports day, and communicating with external agencies to plan fixtures. Our client ask that the ideal Head of Girls Games or Girl’s PE Teacher be able to attend Saturday fixtures as and when required.
The role is term time, afternoons only and duties include;
- Be responsible for the organisation of other members of staff teaching Girls’ Games.
- To keep a record of each pupil’s progress, using school policies to track pupils progress
- To organise matches with other schools and enter individuals and teams for appropriate competitions.
- To keep up to date with all the developments in the teaching of the subject and to develop and encourage links with those teaching the subject in other schools.
- a graduate, with experience of Girls Games
- a passion for games and sports
- have the ability to motivate pupils and have a real enthusiasm for sport
- inspire pupils to achieve high standards
- Explicit experience of managing sporting physical education (PE) staff
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to Mhairi.McGee@connaughteducation.com or call Mhairi on 0203 405 3202
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.