Head of Science – Independent Prep School, Buckinghamshire.
Start Date: September 2024
Contract: Permanent/ Full-time
Salary: Competitive (based on salary)
Our client, an Independent Day and Boarding School for Boys aged 7-13 years, is seeking an able and inspiring Head of Science to lead the school’s successful science department.
The successful candidate would be an enthusiastic and effective Head of Department who showcases a genuine passion for science, excellent inter-personal skills, and ability to work effectively in a team. The eventual postholder would have a proven and proficient track record for success that aligns with the school’s academic culture. As well as this, there should be a desire to play a full and active role within the wider school, including pastoral care and extra-curricular activities.
The school require the successful candidate to have a degree in science (or equivalent) along with qualified teacher status. An ability to teach a second, core subject would be highly advantageous.
The school is a thriving day and boarding country prep school situated in 40 acres of magnificent grounds equipped with excellent facilities. The school is committed to an education that has the wellbeing of each boy at its heart to ensure every individual is able to develop and flourish in the fullest sense. The school also offers their staff an attractive number of benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- Accommodation or accommodation allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives and employee assistance programme free for all staff and families
- Discount to local fitness activities
- On-site Health Centre for urgent medical issues
- Free on-site NHS health checks for staff aged between 40 and 74, living in local area.
- “Family Friendly” policies around maternity, paternity, flexible working etc.
- Meals provided to duty staff during term time.
- Use of school facilities such as grounds, swimming pool, sports facilities with permission
- Ample free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- School fees remission scheme at the school for sons of eligible full-time staff
- Pets allowed on site (subject to conditions)
If you have the required skill set and would like to be considered for the opportunity, please send through your CV, or call Kathryn at Connaught Education for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent School Specialist.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.