Job Title: Head of Sport (Academic)
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: April/September 2023
Our client, an Independent Through School in Hertfordshire is seeking a Head of Sport (Academic) to join their team from April/September onwards. The school is a highly successful co-educational day school, characterised by exceptional academic standards, outstanding pastoral care and a renowned programme of Jewish study which complements the demanding academic curriculum.
With a new Director of Sport and Exercise in post, the school has ambitious plans for the PE and Games curriculum, as well as the potential development of on-site sports facilities. This role presents a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to shape and drive the school’s well established sport and exercise curriculum.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated and supportive team, where staff are encouraged to learn and grow, and have access to a range of benefits including the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS), a supportive CPD system, membership of a healthcare scheme, subsidised lunches, family-friendly policies and a range of well-being initiatives.
- Lead the development and implementation of the school’s sport and exercise curriculum
- Provide high-quality pastoral care for students, and support their physical and emotional well-being
- Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular activities programme and foster a love of sport among the students
- A relevant degree in sports science or related field
- Experience in a similar role
- A strong understanding of the academic and pastoral aspects of sports education
- Excellent communication, leadership, and management skills
- A passion for sport and exercise, and a desire to inspire and motivate students to achieve their full potential
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant, professional, and caring school at the start of an exciting time for sport and exercise. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply within or call Ella Hayes at Connaught on 0203 4055 720.
Connaught Education – Independent School’s Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.