Headteacher – Eastern Europe
Start: August/ September 2020
A newly established, academically-selective, British international school in Europe, offering A-levels and IGCSEs within an interdisciplinary environment. The school focuses on developing students’ academic abilities in conjunction with their artistic, athletic and leadership potential.
The new Headteacher will drive the continued successful growth of the school amongst other development projects, striving towards the goal of becoming one of the country’s best-regarded independent school. In addition to a dedicated staff team and cohort of motivated pupils, the New Headteacher will inherit a new purpose build campus with excellent first-rate facilities and an exciting cross-curricular educational programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-growing, international setting in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspiring and capable educational leader
- Understand the unique challenges of the UK independent school’s system, ideally gained from 15+ years as a senior leader in a school setting either as Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Head of Sixth Form, etc.
- Have expertise with project and growth management
- Have made concrete CPD and training steps towards school leadership
- Be an exceptional pastoral leader as well a capable school academic lead who is familiar with the A-level and iGCSE curriculum
- Be a first-rate guardian of children upholding safety and high safeguarding standards first and foremost.
Our key expectations of the new Headteacher:
- Handle all communication at local, national and international level, including representing the school during internal and external events
- Lead the school’s management team with a particular focus on the student admissions process
- Lead the school’s Development Strategy
- Oversee Admissions, PR & Development, Boarding and Special Educational Needs amongst other areas
- Market the school to prospective parents effectively
- Foster the strategic vision of an academically selective school and to drive initiatives supporting school’s development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The appointed candidate will be an exceptional and charismatic leader, who has a clear vision for what makes a successful independent school and will be someone who can develop lasting positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents alike. The successful candidate will have experience of the independent school’s sector as a teacher and leader, leadership experience at various levels, the experience of managing, developing, motivating and inspiring staff and experience of school financial management. A successful track record for overseeing projects from inception to completion would be an advantage.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applications for this post are being handled by Connaught Education only. Please contact Hayley Logue on 0203 405 3127 or via email to email@example.com for further details about the application process.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.