Houseparent – State Boarding School
Salary: Grade 6, points 7-11 – there is also the opportunity to have additional paid night shifts
Start: As soon as possible
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people? We are currently seeking a Houseparent to join a vibrant and dynamic state boarding school community on Shropshire.
As a Houseparent, you will be responsible for the pastoral care and welfare of students in a designated boarding house, ensuring that they feel safe, supported and valued. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a pastoral or care role, and be passionate about working with young people.
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and well-being of students in your care.
- Building positive relationships with students and their families.
- Delivering a programme of activities and events to promote social, emotional and personal development.
- Providing guidance and support to students on academic, personal and social issues.
- Maintaining good communication with other members of staff and parents.
- Administering first aid and medication, where necessary.
- Ensuring that the boarding house is clean, safe and secure.
- Previous experience in a pastoral or care role, ideally in a boarding environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong commitment to the welfare and well-being of young people.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working hours.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded state boarding school, with a supportive and inclusive community and a commitment to providing excellent education and pastoral care to its students.
As a Houseparent at this school, you will benefit from ongoing professional development opportunities and a rewarding role that will make a real difference in the lives of young people.
The school provides on-site accommodation which includes a room with an ensuite for those who prefer to live within the school premises. However, for those who would rather live outside the school, there is an option to commute to the school, and the school welcomes candidates from both accommodation options.
If you are passionate about working with young people and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would welcome an application from you. If you would like to find out more about the role then please contact Ella Hayes at Connaught Education for further details.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.