HR Advisor – Independent Schools Group
Start Date: ASAP
Location: London (Putney/Central London)
Contract: Full Time, Fixed Term to July 2024
Salary: Based on the school’s own generous scale and is dependent on experience
Our client, a leading independent school’s group based in London, is looking for a suitably qualified HR Advisor to join them as soon as possible.
The role will provide generalist HR support to specific London schools in the group The HR Advisor will be responsible for dealing with employee relations queries, case work, advising, training managers on various tasks and involvement in the disciplinary and grievance procedures.
The HR Advisor role also covers all aspects of Recruitment, On-boarding and Pre-employment checks, Payroll Administration, as well as the maintenance and update of the Single Central Record.
- System focused with ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Good people management skills, able to delegate and escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to approach confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to liaise confidently with senior management, staff, parents and the wider community.
- CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Good knowledge in HR policies and processes.
- Strong employment legislation knowledge.
- Experience of handing varied and complex ER casework.
- Select HR is the HR System used by this group and its’ update and maintenance will be an integral part of your role – whilst you don’t need to have experience of using this system any exposure to this or similar HR systems is essential.
- Any experience of Acloud Recruitment using this or a similar on line recruitment tool would be an advantage.
- The Single Central Record is currently held in SIMS so any experience of using SIMS to maintain staff records would be helpful.
- Good experience of using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) to create templates, mail merges, pivot tables etc.
- Understanding of HR and Payroll processes and basic employment legislation.
- Understand the principles of safeguarding in relation to child protection.
- Ability to work under pressure, identify priorities and meet tight deadlines.
If you have the required skill set and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send through your CV or call Joseph at Connaught Education for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.