Support Matron – Prestigious Independent Boarding School
Contract: Full time, fixed term contract until July 2023
Hours: Term time only, five days per week including evenings and weekends. (45 hours per week). The pattern of hours will be discussed during the interview and your employment contract will give full details
Start: As soon as possible
Location: Harrow on the Hill, North-West London
An unparalleled opportunity has arisen to become a vital member of our admired client’s boarding school community, dedicated to the holistic development of boys aged 13 to 18. The school, known to be one of the most prestigious in the UK, is currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated Support Matron to play a crucial role in shaping the lives of their exceptional students.
As a Support Matron, you will fulfil a pivotal position, working closely with the House Matrons. This diverse role allows you to step in and provide unparalleled care during their time off or absence.
Prior experience as a matron is not a prerequisite for this role. However, we are seeking an individual who can showcase their ability to work effectively with children, collaborate seamlessly with the team of matrons, and demonstrate empathy and composure in high-pressure situations.
The role will involve:
- Support in Houses: Assist with domestic operations, engage with boys, and provide pastoral support in various Houses.
- Matrons’ Rest Breaks/Time-Off: Cover Houses during Matrons’ rest breaks or time-off to ensure continuous care.
- Absence of a House Matron: Step in to maintain House operations in the Matron’s absence due to illness or other reasons.
- Medical Compliance: Follow the House Medication Policy, including administering and recording medications.
- Hospital and Specialist Appointments: Accompany boys to appointments based on the central Outlook calendar.
- Medical Centre General Assistance: Support Medical Centre staff with tasks during busy periods.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection: Adhere to the School’s policies to promote and safeguard the welfare of children.
The school is seeking an individual who:
- Excels in organisation and demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Possesses a natural inclination for caring and nurturing others.
- Enjoys a dynamic position with varied responsibilities.
- Can adapt to working with students and staff in a school environment.
- Has the ability to remain calm and empathetic in challenging situations.
- Is practical and able to handle emergencies effectively.
- Holds a valid driver’s license and is capable of driving their own car.
- Values the opportunity to enjoy the freedom of summer holidays.
Why choose this school and this role:
- A Respected Institution: Join a renowned educational establishment with a strong reputation for academic excellence and holistic development. The school has a proud history of shaping young lives and producing future leaders.
- Student-Centric Approach: Be part of a community that places the well-being and growth of students at its core. As a Support Matron, you will play a vital role in providing a safe and supportive environment, ensuring the happiness and welfare of the young boys.
- Varied and Fulfilling Role: Enjoy a dynamic position that offers a diverse range of responsibilities. You will deputise the House Matrons during their time off or absence, provide invaluable support during sporting events and afternoons, and accompany students on hospital visits. Your empathy, practicality, and calmness in emergencies will make a real difference in their lives.
- Professional Development: The school believe in investing in their staff’s growth and development. As a Support Matron, you will have access to ongoing training opportunities, workshops, and resources to enhance your skills and expand your knowledge in student care and well-being.
- Perks and Benefits: As part of their esteemed institution, you will enjoy a range of perks and benefits, including automatic enrolment in their pension scheme, free school meals, and access to the state-of-the-art sports facilities. Additionally, you will be eligible for subsidised memberships to their exclusive tennis, golf, angling, and social clubs.
Nestled in the heart of Harrow on the Hill, the school boasts a global reputation for excellence. Imagine being a part of this extraordinary institution, where approximately 840 boys flourish academically and personally within their 13 boarding houses. As a Support Matron, you will contribute to the school’s rich heritage and traditions, fostering an environment that nurtures growth, fosters resilience, and celebrates individuality.
Embark on a fulfilling journey today and seize the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young minds. This is a chance to join this prestigious boarding school community and experience the privilege of being part of a remarkable school. Please apply within or contact Ella Hayes at Connaught Education for further details.
Connaught Education – The Independent School Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.