IT Field Support Technician – Independent School
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham
Start Date: September 2023
Timetable: Full Time, Permanent
Our client, a prestigious independent school in Hammersmith and Fulham, is currently looking for a qualified on-site IT Field Support Technician. This role involves providing support to school staff, students, and the overall community by responding to inquiries and support requests, as well as contacting external entities in cases where hardware repairs are required. The IT Field Support Technician receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance through the IT ticketing service.
The school is independent and co-educational, providing a rich and diverse curriculum to pupils from Reception to Sixth Form.
- Support all users in setup, maintenance and repairs including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, projectors and software to ensure functionality;
- Perform advanced troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) with goal to get users back on the job including deploying temporary equipment as needed;
- Assist in managing the complete IT suite for the school
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment;
- Work with equipment vendors to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime. Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders;
- Install new hardware and software;
- Create and maintain accounts and security groups in Active Directory;
- Contribute to technical documentation and FAQs in appropriate areas;
- IT Ticket Management – Logs tickets and coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end user. Respects the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Proactive self-starter with the drive to deliver results.
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve measurable outcomes. that improve business performance.
- Resilient individual with the ability to operate in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly take on new information and apply themselves to new tasks.
- Highly professional and able to build credibility quickly and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Required Experience: 2+ years’ experience as an IT technician.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem
- Knowledge about networking e.g., cabled and Wi-Fi networks
- Other requirements:
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills;
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Certification as IT Technician (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Cisco, etc)
If you possess the relevant skills for this role, we welcome an application from you. Please send through your CV or call Joseph at Connaught for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialists
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.