Start Date: January (or earlier)
Our client, a reputable girls’ school in Hertfordshire, is seeking a well-qualified and enthusiastic full-time PE Teacher to join their successful and thriving PE department from January, or earlier if possible.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience as a PE teacher and will be able to teach either swimming, badminton or cross country, however, swimming would be preferable.
The school is a well-respected school in Hertfordshire that prides itself on the happy nature of its pupils. It is consistently praised by the Good Schools Guide and prioritises excellent wellbeing for staff and pupils.
The school also has excellent sports provision. Many pupils represent their country, region or country in their chosen sport and the school is very successful at a variety of different sporting events. An example of this is that it is the no 1 school for girls’ tennis in the UK. All children are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of sports. The school also has excellent sporting facilities. These include a brand-new sporting hall, a 25-metre swimming call, 29 tennis courts, an aerobics room, a dance studio and many other fantastic facilities.
The school is a wonderful place to work. The school provide a comprehensive induction programme and professional development. It also has its own generous pay scale, and all staff are able to enjoy the benefit of the excellent on-site recreational and sporting facilities.
The main purpose of the role would be:
- To be aware of and seek to fulfil the aims of the school
- To establish good working relationships with all staff (teaching, administrative and ancillary) and to liaise with them as necessary
- To establish good working relationships with pupils
- Demonstrate positive praise in order to inspire pupils
The candidate will need to be able to:
- Plan and preparing courses and lessons, including close liaison with Sports Graduates to request equipment and practical activities a week in advance
- Teach according to different student’s educational needs
- Set and mark work
- Assess, record and report on the attainment, progress and development of pupils
- Maintain good order and discipline
- Promote the subject and the department within and outside the school
- Work towards the aims of the school and departmental development plans
- Have regard for the school’s curriculum
If you have the required skills to be considered for the post, we welcome an application from you. For further detail, please contact Ella at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.