Physical Education Teacher – Independent Senior School
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Start: October 2023
Location: Enfield, North London
Salary: Based on school’s generous payscale
An esteemed independent senior school located in North London, renowned for its impressive academic achievements, is seeking a full-time Physical Education Teacher to join their team starting after October half term.
- Teach boys and girls, with a particular focus on girls, aged 11-18 years.
- Use the school’s fully equipped sports facilities imaginatively to inspire and engage students in a range of sports.
- Teach a range of sports, with a specialism in either Netball or football being desirable but not essential.
- Contribute to the school’s strong athletic profile by participating in extracurricular activities.
- Maintain high standards of work, enthusiasm and ambition for both pupils and the school.
- A well-qualified teacher or an ECT confident in teaching all age ranges, including sixth form.
- Genuine enjoyment for school life and willingness to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential.
- Familiarity with the National Curriculum for Physical Education.
The school is proud to offer fully equipped sports facilities on 26 acres of green belt grounds, including a professional sized football pitch and a Sports Hall Gym with luxury changing rooms. In addition to the school’s renowned football program, students have the opportunity to participate in a range of sports, such as Badminton, fitness, basketball, netball, and more.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the school’s athletic profile and inspire students to develop their skills and achieve their full potential. The maximum class size will be 19 pupils.
Sport is a significant part of the school’s curriculum, with the school being the proud host of the most prominent official football tournament in Enfield. The tournament aims to discover talented players who will represent their borough at the regional and national levels in the 11 & under age category, with up to 32 schools from Enfield participating in these tournaments.
If you are passionate about Physical Education and have the ability to motivate and inspire students, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please apply within or call Ella at Connaught Education for further details.
Connaught Education – The Independent School Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.