Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £80,000
We have a rare opportunity to become the private teacher for a family based in Mayfair.
The role would either require someone to start immediately, or as soon as possible prior to April 2024. Dependant on experience, there is a willingness to pay up to £80,000 per annum.
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced teacher with an excellent academic background, and teacher qualifications with over 10 years’ experience working with students of different levels.
We are looking for a teacher with a clear and enthusiastic approach, which will be vital for guiding the students through the curriculum and preparing for exams.
An extensive understanding of, as well as experience within the British independent school sector are required.
The individual will need to build excellent rapport with the children. The individual will need to be GCSE focused with specialism in History and humanitarian studies.
This will be a full-time role in a private home setting. Hours will be mutually agreed with main hours needed on Saturday/Sunday. Hours of work will be around 3-4 hours during weekends and 2-3 hours after school on weekdays, 5 working days per week are expected.
The family has two children, boy (15) and girl (13) and require the teacher to:
- help with exam preparation and revision
- advise when specialist subject teachers/tutors are required
- assess the suitability of the subject tutors
- liaise with the children’s school and individual teachers as required
- attend, where required and appropriate, holidays with the family to provide further educational support
The school that the children attend is a prestigious private school in inner city London. The incoming teacher will take over and oversee their educational needs. Tutoring experience is not essential, though the successful candidate will have substantial teaching experience should they lack tutoring experience specifically.
The ideal candidate will require:
- Strong academic background, likely from a tier-one British or International University
- Over 10 years of teaching experience in the independent school sector (previous private tutoring experience desirable but not essential)
- Extensive understanding of the British curriculum
- Good communicator and Strong organisational skills
- Happy to travel – the candidate may need to travel abroad with the family on occasion.
If you have the required skills to be considered for the post, we welcome an application from you. For further detail, please contact Joseph at Connaught Education.
Connaught Education – The Independent Schools Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.