Private Tutor to family
Family of CEO- The Bahamas
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to become the private tutor for a family based in the Bahamas on either a fixed term (12 month contract), or a permanent basis. The role would either require someone to start immediately, or as soon as possible prior to July 2023.
The family has three children between the ages of 6 – 12 and require a tutor to:
- Supervise the children’s homework and make sure it is completed to a high standard
- Assist the children in preparing for tests
- Encourage and monitor frequent reading practice
- Liaise with the children’s school and individual teachers as required
- Manage schedules, deadlines, and broader logistics relating to all educational activities
- Attend, where required and appropriate, holidays with the family to provide further educational support
The school that the children attend forms part of one of the world’s largest, and most prestigious, international school organisations. The school follows a British curriculum but is focused on ensuring that children, nevertheless, receive both a British and international education.
Tutoring experience is not essential, though the successful candidate will have substantial teaching experience should they lack tutoring experience specifically. A strong academic background along with an understanding of/experience within the British independent school sector are required.
Hours of work will be around 3 to 4 hours per day. The postholder will not be expected to work on Fridays or Saturdays. Accommodation (not within the family home) and travel to the Bahamas will be provided, on top of an excellent tax-free salary.
The ideal candidate will require:
1) Strong academic background, likely from a tier-one British or International University
2) Teaching experience (previous private tutoring experience desirable but not essential)
3) Good communicator and team player
4) Strong organisational skills
5) Happy to travel. The candidate would need to demonstrate that this opportunity would be a good career move for them.
If you feel you fit the criteria for the role and would welcome this excellent opportunity to tutor a family with children that attend one of the leading British international independent schools in a beautiful part of the world, then we welcome an application from you. Please apply within. For further information, please call Ella at Connaught Education to discuss the role further.
Connaught Education – The Independent School Specialist
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.