Receptionist/ Administrator – Independent School, Oxford.
Start Date: January 2024 (ASAP)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £22,500 to £24,750 – depending on experience.
Standard Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 5:00pm with 60-minute lunch break. An earlier start (e.g. 08:00) may be required during mock and public examination season or when the College is particularly busy (A-level/ GCSE results day).
Our client, an independent specialist Sixth Form College (A-level and GCSE) based in the centre of Oxford, are seeking to recruit a Receptionist/Administrator to act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to the College and undertake a range of administrative tasks as identified by the College departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open the offices in the morning and lock the facilities in the evening;
- Receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking messages and passing these on via email system or connecting callers to staff members in a clear and concise manner;
- Greet and welcome visitors to the office, ensure the sign in the visitors book and inform the relevant member of staff of their arrival;
- Keep a record of staff, students and visitors signing in and out of the College;
- Be responsible for maintenance of the database of registered students and tutors: creating new and maintaining existing profiles, identifying and chasing any missing information. Creating and maintaining electronic files as well as hard copies.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Academic Team by timetabling tutorials, group sessions, science practicals, scheduling appointments, academic meetings, filing, researching files and records, preparing correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested;
- Assist in communicating with prospective and existing parents, assist in following up with any agent/student/parent admission enquiries;
- Assist in general operational work, provide secretarial support and monitor directors’ appointments and schedules;
- Provide logistical support to meetings held at the College, to include preparation of meeting and conference rooms and assisting in arrangements for catering provisions.
- Carry out any other duties to assist in the overall function of the College commensurate with the level of responsibilities of the position. Promote the good work of the College in the wider community.
- A-level (or equivalent)
- Accurate and Diligent
- Professional and responsible approach
- Computer literate
- Clear and friendly attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Honest and sincere
- A First Aid certificate and/or Fire Safety certificate – preferable, but can be organised through employer
- Disclosure and Barring Certificate (DBS/CRB) as you will be working with children and young adults- can be organised through employer
If you do have the relevant requirements and would like to be considered for the opportunity please send through your CV, or alternatively call Kathryn at Connaught Education for more information.
Connaught Education – The Independent School Specialist.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.